On 7th December 2015 The John Townsend Trust and John Townsend Trust Enterprises Limited were both placed into Administration and Geoffrey Rowley and Jason Baker were appointed as Joint Administrators. The affairs of the Companies are managed by the Joint Administrators without personal liability.
Westgate College was established in 1978 as the post-16 department of The Royal School for Deaf Children Margate. We are a non-maintained day and residential specialist College for young people aged 19 -22 who are deaf or have associated communication difficulties. Most of our young people have additional educational, emotional/behavioural or medical problems.
We educate and care for d/Deaf children and young people or young people with communication difficulties who may have additional needs, for a positive future within work and their communities.
- We believe that all young people have the right to communicate through sign, speech or other systems appropriate to their needs
- We believe in equality and diversity to meet each individual young person's needs. We help young people to understand differences and value each other’s rights to observe beliefs, customs and celebrations
- We believe that all young people have the right to live as independently as possible
- We believe that all young people have the right to make appropriate decisions
- We aim to support young people to realise achievable goals and ambitions for the future
- We treat every young person as an individual